Easy Step Guide For DNA Paternity Test
How it Works
At Paternity For Life, we understand that for many clients this will be the first time they have undertaken DNA testing. We also understand that DNA testing can be a highly emotional process for everyone involved.
Throughout our many years of experience in DNA and Paternity DNA testing, we have been able to refine our process to make it as simple and convenient for our clients as possible. This also allows us to deliver the accurate, prompt and reliable service we strive for.
Our checkout process is a simple, one-page form that allows us to collect all of the information we require in one step, so that nothing is missed.
Our friendly and knowledgeable customer support team are available throughout the entire DNA testing process, from placing your initial order right through to understanding your results. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need help.
We have developed a simple 6 step process to help you get the answers you need.
- 1Select the test you would like to perform from our wide range of options. If you are unsure which test you need, please contact us and we can talk you through our testing options to determine which test is best suited for your situation.
- 2Order your test using our simple, one-page checkout.
- 3Paternity For Life will process your order and dispatch your DNA collection kits. In most cases, your kit will arrive within 2 working days.
- 4Collect your DNA samples by following our easy DNA collection instruction video below. Then return your samples to Paternity For Life using the supplied return post envelope.
- 5Paternity For Life receives your samples, and conducts the requested testing in our internationally scientifically accredited laboratory.
- 6Results are typically emailed within 5 days*, from when we receive your samples.
*Turnaround times are calculated from the date we receive your samples at our laboratory, and we endeavor to have results out within this timeframe. For a small amount of cases, results may be delayed. This may be due to incorrect paperwork, or if repeat testing is required due to low DNA concentration and/or contamination. If we expect your results will not be out within the anticipated time frame, we will notify you as soon as possible. The easiest way to avoid delays in receiving your results is to carefully follow our DNA sample collection instructions that come with your kit.
How to Collect Your DNA Sample
The video below explains the next steps to completing your test with Paternity For Life. For our non-legal DNA tests, samples are collected using a simple and painless mouth swab. Collecting the sample is so easy it can be done yourself, at home.
Please note: These instructions are only relevant for our non-legal tests. If you need a Legal DNA Test, the collection procedure is slightly different. Please contact us for more information.